Series: Change My Mind
Change My Mind: Think On These Things
May 09, 2021 | John Durham
Passage: Philippians 4:4-8
CHRISTIANS, OUR SOUL HAS BEEN CHANGED BY JESUS, BUT OUR FLESH BATTLES US CONSTANTLY. THAT BATTLE TAKES PLACE IN THE MIND
PHILIPPIANS 4:4-8 The battle is for 3 things: 4 joy, 5 reasonableness/gentleness and 7 peace…
God’s Word reminds us: WHAT YOU THINK DETERMINES HOW YOU LIVE. PROVERBS 23:7 As a man thinks, so he is.
GENESIS 3:1-6 WHAT YOU THINK DETERMINES HOW YOU LIVE
WE DON’T ALWAYS CHOOSE OUR CIRCUMSTANCES, BUT WE DO CHOOSE OUR THOUGHTS IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES
whatever is true whatever is honorable. whatever is just whatever is pure. whatever is lovely. whatever is commendable
- In what specific ways do I need to replace untrue thoughts with true thoughts?
2. In what specific ways do I need to replace dishonorable thoughts with honorable thoughts?
3. In what specific ways do I need to replace unjust thoughts with just thoughts?
4. In what specific ways do I need to replace impure thoughts with pure thoughts?
5. In what specific ways do I need to replace unlovely thoughts with lovely thoughts?
6. In what specific ways do I need to replace uncommendable thoughts with commendable thoughts?
Our mind is a battleground when it comes to our faith. Every step toward Godliness and every step toward sin begins with a thought. Join us in this six week series as we seek to change our minds towards God.